Thursday, March 8, 2012

twinkle, twinkle

Now that my desk is clean, I've been wanting to do some more challenges.  I love Susan Raihala's gorgeous one layer cards, so I thought I'd give the One-Layer Wednesday challenge #82 a try.  While I do simple cards, I don't do one-layer cards.  It requires too much planning, precision, and color palette knowledge.  All of which are my downfalls.

My girlfriend had a baby on Leap Day (how cool is that?) and who better to give a card to than a sleep deprived mother?  They can't remember if they ate breakfast, let alone if your card was perfect or not!

front 

inside

I can't tell you how badly my fingers were itching to add some tiny rhinestones, buttons or twine to this card.

stamp: Papertrey Ink star, swirls, & "twinkle, twinkle little star"
ink: A Muse ocean & sage
other: corner punch

5 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

Of course I love how sweet and CAS your twinkle card is ... but now that you've posted it, you can always go back and add a touch to twinkle to that twinkle! It does seem like the right thing to do, doesn't it? You could even do a second post. (Susan has been known to add a little bling! LOL)

Joyce said...

I have been following the OLW for a bit, and I have seen bling, so I went for it. Your card is just darling. I love your colors, and your layout. I think even a non sleep deprived person would think it was perfect.

jimlynn said...

Oh so pretty! CAS and perfect in every way! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Karen said...

I love your card for this challenge! Checked out your blog, too, and you have some great cards...lots of inspiration!

Susie said...

Beautiful card. Great design work. I do think Susan allows embellishments. Your card is pretty enough without it, however.