Tuesday, February 21, 2012

craft space clean up

My sweet husband wanted to help clean up our office/my craft area and make it more cohesive.  He bought two table for the office space and one for my craft space plus he gave me his old office desk.  I had lots of surfaces to work on.  We undid and redid the room in a weekend.  But of course I didn't do any cleaning up or purging.  I just moved stuff from one spot to another.

Then came the holidays. I pumped out a bunch of cards to sell.  I didn't clean up my stuff.  Then I made some Christmas cards and tags.  And didn't clean up.  Then I made my youngest daughter's birthday invitations.  And didn't clean up.  Needless to say, my area was A DUMP.  It's hard to make cards when there is no where to work.  Over the long weekend, I made it my mission to not have that space look like an  episode of Hoarders.

Warning these photos make me cringe.

before


after


close up of my work desk


ready to be creative


my side table


this makes me happy

Now you know why I haven't been making any cards lately.  {Not that I'm guaranteeing mass production now that it's clean.}

5 comments:

Melissa Roell said...

Looks great Kari! Doesn't it feel good to have it tidy if only until you start thhe next project? Thanks for sharing!!

Erin said...

whoah that is totally motivating! My own craft area, though not as spacious is looking horrible right now! I could go for another long weekend, and a fraction of time to myself to copy you!!!

debbie said...

nice!! time to craft. :o)

Laura said...

Nice clean space....you have made me want to clean up my work area. Thanks for sharing your mess/neatness with us :)

Carina Schoen said...

dude. now i feel like i need to get off my behind and get to work. thanks?