Sunday, May 1, 2011

a|s blog hop

Welcome to the a·muse|studio blog hop with my a muse "cousins".   We are all lucky to have Krystie as our upline lady.


If you are joining the blog hop, you should have arrived from Veronica's blog.  If not, you can start all the blog hopping fun at Krystie's blog.  She has a complete list of all the stops in case there's a glitch along the way. There are a few prizes involved and not too many blog hop stops, so why not?!  (The more blogs you comment on, the better your chances of winning a|s goodies.)  Even if you don't have time to comment, you'll get to see a variety of a|s inspired cards.




My kids were invited to another pirate party, this time it was for a little girl.  I was so excited, that I immediately created this card.  I've made a few pirate cards lately and the best way to get an aged map (that I've discovered) is to stamp your images on kraft paper, ink the edges, distress the edges, and crinkle it up. I thought a paper bag would work well but I like the look of the kraft much better.  I've also burnt the edges before but all the ashes can get quite messy.  Have you ever made a map/old scroll paper?  What do you like to do?

front


inside




This next card I wanted something for a tween or a teen.  A bit older with some attitude, yet still playful.


Thanks so much for stopping by!   I'm participating in another a·muse|studio blog hop tomorrow, "follow" me and come on back to see the goodness!

Wait, one more thing!  Want a little treat?  Leave a comment and you'll be entered to win a prize (a small sampling of a·muse|studio flowers).



happy birthday matey!
stamp: A Muse buried treasure set
ink: VersaFine onyx black; Memento tuxedo black; A Muse french roast
other: twinkle stickers, Copic markers


you rock my world
stamp: A Muse background, guitar, & "you rock my world"
ink: VersaFine onyx black
other: Copic Markers, washi tape, twinkle stickers


Complete list of blog hop (in other words make sure you commented on each blog for many chances to win prizes):
Krystie Hersch
Kathy Hatzke
Kelly Spivey 
Lianna Vigil
Lisa Wakabayashi
Lesa Wolfe
Veronica Zalis
Kari Bell-- YOU ARE HERE!!



Congratulations!  You made it through the hop (if not go on back to Krystie's blog).  We hope we inspired you to create some fun projects!

19 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Great cards! Your map came out perfect and that is a really cute girl pirate card!

Princess said...

Crack me up to read about your pirate map. I, too, have burned paper to get this look. The trouble is...it's too fun to burn...one really needs to restrain oneself from burning up the whole piece! Oh, or is that just me?! Thanks for sharing two cards...fun way to end a blog hop.

blah said...

Love these! They're both great and I love the map on the first one.

judy said...

Cute cards!

Courtney said...

Great card Kari! I have never made a scroll or map but it looks great on your card! I also like your teen card, I struggle with teen cards. Thanks for sharing!

Veronica Z said...

Kari, your cards are adorable and so very creative! I love your style! Thank you for sharing your creations!

Lisa Wakabayashi said...

I love these cards Kari! I especially love the Pirate one with the treasure map! Genius!

TaniaM said...

Crazy about the You Rock card! I always need guy ideas.

The Paper Pundit said...

I love the use of the washi tape, makes me want to take more risks with my supplies!

Sherri Thacker said...

Love the washi tape used here. I really need to get me some. i also love the map!!

VanessaB said...

great boy cards!

Babe O'Mara said...

Great cards. Love the map on the first one. Thanks so much for sharing.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Kelly Spivey said...

Kari....super cute cards! I also have burned edges to create something old looking. It is too fun...but I also like your way on this card. Much cleaner and just as super cute!! Great job on both your cards!

Sue D said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love the map.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

love your cards and enjoyed the hop!
linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

Karen said...

Love both cards! I've made old maps by burning the edges of the paper but as you said that can be messy and sometimes burns more than you want. Yours looks great! I don't make many cards for teens so I'm always at a loss when it comes to those designs. I love yours. Great job!

Super Jen said...

Especially love the inside treasure! Well done, you!

Paulette S said...

Both cards are so much fun. You can always get a lot of mileage out of the Pirate theme and the Rock N Roll theme, both so versatile and gender friendly. I tell people that they "Rock" all the time. LOL That pirate card is adorable and you hit spot on for the Tween and I love how you added the tape.

KathyN said...

Love your cards! That pirate one is so clever. And I like that you are getting into stamping inside the card! It is fun to do that and it's fun for the person on the receiving end to open the card and go wow!