Monday, July 25, 2011

hello sunshine

I lied.  Summer is not here in Seattle.  Unless it was only two days long.  Today it is pouring rain.  I'm not talking the  90 degree summer downpours in the south, or the 85 degree cloud bursts in Hawaii.  I'm talking the 61 degree miserable rains in Seattle that make you long for a fire and some hot chocolate.

Thus, my bright and cheerful card for the Papertrey Ink blog hop challenge.  I drew inspiration from the lively colors and the patchwork quilt.
stamp: Papertrey Ink "hello sunshine"
ink: VersaFine onyx black

11 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Kari. You captured the colors so well with those paper strips. :o) Hope you will have some sunshine soon.

The Paper Gardens said...

Beautiful yet simple card (which are the hardest!). Looks great Kari! :)

Unknown said...

I've been looking at a lot of the blog posts people have made for their cards and this is the first one I'm commenting on. Absolutely stunning! So clean and simple but packs a big punch with the colors and the sentiment!

Unknown said...

simple, but absolutely perfect, I'm in l♥ve!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super card! Like the clean look of it. I might even be able to keep this clean! (I've issues with white) My brother lives in Gig Harbor and has been telling us how summer seems to have forgotten that part of the US. Hope August is a better month for you.

Teresa said...

Love your simple clean look. I'm going to lift it for a sure.

Dana said...

This is so adorable! I love clean and simple cards. This might be my favorite one tonight :) Love it.

Kara said...

so simple and so pretty!

blah said...

I feel your pain--summer is avoiding the Bay Area as well.

Very cute and summery card! Love the colors and strips of paper.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous CAS card, love the patterned strips.

DF said...

Super fun idea on those stripes!